Sunday, March 28, 2010

Some anticipation and some spicy curry

Pin It Now! Another weekend goes by. I had a very lazy weekend this week. Did not do anything much except anticipating some good times. Anticipation I did and actually lots of it !
It so happens that my sister visits us next week all the way from India that too for a month.I am really looking forward to having some girly times with her. All those sisterly conversations, some company in kitchen and whole lot of shopping.How exciting is that !

In between all the anticipation however I did manage to make some spicy fish curry. I used this recipe from the blog Fork-Spoon-Knife by Asha Pagdiwalla.
Fish Curry

I followed the recipe very closely.Even the step of not opening the lid till serving time. The curry had distinct south-indian flavors from the urad dal and the fennel seeds. The tangy-ness of the tomato and tamarind compliments very well with the garlic and fennel seeds.Its one of those homely curries perfect for a sunday lunch.It tasted great with some rotis and rice.
Though I did use fish in the Meen Kozhambu I am sure it will taste great with some potatoes or eggplant as she suggests it.
Thanks Asha for sharing your mom's recipe !

1 comment:

Spice Rack said...

Fish curry with lots and lots of herbs and spices from your spice racks. Spice racks are really helpful when it comes to organizing things in your kitchen because it adds design and it saves a lot of space.