Saturday, March 27, 2010

No hassle Broccoli

Pin It Now! Broccoli got introduced to me only after coming to US. I avoided picking it up at the grcoery store not knowing how to cook with it. However after having tried out this recipe its becomea routine item in our grocery shopping.

I realized I liked it crunchy and half cooked rather than soft and mushy. The recipe is very simple and cooks in minutes in the oven.

 Here's how I made it :

 Ingredients

 2C Broccoli florets cut into bite-sized pieces
 1tbsp cumin 
 1small potato cut into thin and small pieces
 salt to taste
 1crushed dry red chilly( or more to taste)
 1glug of olive oil


 1. Line a baking sheet with foil. Pre-heat oven to 350F
 2. Mix the ingredients into a bowl and spread on the baking sheet.
 3. Bake in oven for 8-10min till the potato is cooked through and the broccoli is crunchy.


 Transfer to a serving bowl. I served mine with rotis and a curry.

No comments: