Pin It Now! Black Eyed Peas and Spinach Curry
At first glance this might seem a weird combination. But it works out well. The fiber rich black eyed peas and calcium in spinach make a wonderful combination health wise and taste great too.
The inspiration of this recipe was from the Palak Chana recipe posted by Nupur of One Hot Stove. I did not have chana on hand so i tried it with black eyed peas. A cook's instinct told me it will work.. (ahem ahem)... :)
2-3 tomato gravy paste
1 cup black eyed peas cooked till done
1 cup spinach , cut and washed
1-2 tbsp chole masala
1-2 tbsp chilli powder
1 tbsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
oil to fry
1. Heat oil in pan and add mustard seeds.
2. Add the tomato gravy paste and fry for 2-3 min till oil separates.
3. Now add the chopped spinach and fry till spinach wilts.
4. Now add the black eyed peas and fry for 1 min.
5. Add the chole masala and chilli powder.
6. Adjust consisitency by adding water.
7. Add salt to taste.
8. Let it boil and garnish with cilantro.