Pin It Now! I looked at my fridge on Thursday evening and found 1/2 red and green peppers, 1/2 a packet of carrots and 1 bunch of spring onions. Wondering what could I possibly do with such half souls.. huh!
Without really having much expectations I got to work. After all a supper had to be made. To my surprise the rice turned out rather colorful and looked good even in our lunchboxes the next day.
2 cups basmati rice (cooked so that it is somewhat dry and not mushy)
1 bunch spring onions
1 cup red, green, yellow bell pepper finely shredded
Grind to a powder the foll:
1 dry red chilli (add more for a spicy version)
2 tbsp coconut
1 tbsp sesame seeds
oil to fry
1 tbsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tbsp chilli powder
1 tbsp biryani masala(optional)
salt to taste
1. In 2 tbsp of oil splutter the cumin. Add curry leaves if on hand
2. Add the vegetbles and saute till the vegetables are tender.
3. Add the chilli powder, ginger-garlic paste and all the masalas.
4. Add salt to taste. Also add the dry masala
5. Taste and adjust the spice level.
6. Serve with raita and papad. OR Pack in lunch box with some chips and/ cake.
7. Feel free to adjust the amount of veggies and the rice.
Colorful and flavorful as this rice is, its surely appealing to both adults and kids alike.
Sending this Colorful rice to CFK-LunchBoxes hosted by Neha of Easy and Tasty Recipes and started by Sharmi of Neivedyam. Thanks for hosting this event. Its a great idea !