Saturday, July 11, 2009

Chole Quesadillas for the Mexican Fiesta

Pin It Now! I love creating fusion food. Videsi food in Indian-ishtle. So when I read the theme of this month's mingle I knew had to create something.
Off late I have come to realize that mexican food is very much versatile.In fact I look upon it as a process rather than stick with the same ingredients. Tortillas with a spicy filling and a crunchy salsa topped with a cheese form a hearty Quesadillas for me.
This week I made Chole Quesadillas with a leftover chickpea curry. They were delicious and finished in no time. They are equally yummy with potato sabzi or some leftover pav-bhaji.

Chole Quesadillas
=============

1 cup chickpeas curry (chole)
1 cup homemade sala (onion,tomatoes,cilantro,salt,lemon juice,chilli powder/chat masala,red pepper(optional))
1 cup shredded cheese (I used mozarella but any other variety should be fine)
4 tortillas

1. Mash the chickpeas in the curry so that they become paste. Also ensure that the curry is not very thin. If so heat it for 4-5 min in microwave so that it thickens and becomes a paste.
2. Place 1 tortilla on a pan. When its done on 1 side reverse it.
3. Now spread the thickened chole curry on the tortilla.Top with salsa.


4.Now spread the cheese.
5.Top with another tortilla.

At this point the first tortilla would have browned a bit so carefully turn it so that the second tortilla cooks. When the tortillas have cooked remove them from the pan.
Cut and serve as is or with ketchup/chutney.


This goes to the Monthy Mingle - Mexican Fiesta started by Meeta of WFLH and hosted by the Jenny of All things Edible. Thank you both for starting this virtual mingle. I am very excited to participate in this event.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

I love this fusion dish as well. What's the point of living in a global society if you can't mix and match?

kala said...

Interesting, I'll have to try the receipe. I myself created several vegetraian fusion foods & salasas, see product listing on my website:

http://www.kalaskuisine.com

I'll be at Houston Hot Sauce festival next week, please come by and try our Salsa Con(with) Fusion.