Sunday, February 14, 2010

Going Green with Green Beans

Pin It Now! There are times when I know exactly know what to do with an ingredient. I take it and get going about the recipe. Then there are times when I plan the recipe but do something different when I actually get at it in the kitchen. Mostly its the latter, but this time when I looked at the green-beans I knew what I was going to make with them.

"Stir-fried" makes one think they will be totally unhealthy. Hey but wait no.... these ones are delicious and so very nutritional. I never ever liked green-beans as much as I like them now. In fact we almost had an argument as to who got a bigger portion of them for lunch. Ok, so before I rave about it any longer let me get into the recipe.

Green Bean Stir Fry
==============


1. Snip the ends of green beans and cut them into 2 pieces or max 3 if they are longer.
2. Heat a deep pot with water. Let the water get to a boil. Add some salt to the water.
3. Now add the green beans and let them hang in for like3-4 mins. Maximum 5min.
4. Then allow them to drain in a colander.
5. In another stir-fry pan heat some olive oil. Add some chopped garlic and saute till fragrant.
6. Then add the green beans and mix. Add some peanut powder and salt.
7. Fry for 2-3 mins without covering them.

Serve them as a side with a sandwich or wrap. We had ours with some parathas for saturday lunch.
They would be great for lunch at work or at school. Other interesting things like fried tofu,chicken could be added to make a complete meal.

No comments: