For what I thought would be a short break turned out to be quite a hiatus from this blog space of mine. Things got a lot busy than I had expected. Life literally opened new doors We moved to a place we now call home and so, we were busy with all the things that come in the process. We bid farewell to some very good friends in hope of meeting new ones in other part of the town.
Now that I have a bigger kitchen I have all the more motivation to cook and bake. And am doing just that, specially when i need a break from the seemingly endless unpacking.
One morning I somehow got
fed up tired of my oatmeal and blueberry breakfast and declared we needed a change. And so I tried making muffins the first time ever.
Spiced Cranberry and Pistachio Muffins
(Recipe from here)
What's needed :
2 C all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 C dried cranberries
3/4 C + 1 tbsp turbinado sugar
1/2 C pistachios chopped
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
3/4 C buttermilk
1/2 C vegetableoil
1 egg lightly whisked
- Preheat over to 390 F. Line a muffin pan with paper moulds. Spray with oil so that muffins do not stick.
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients - flour,baking powder, pistachios,cranberries and the spices.
- In a another bowl mix the wet ingredients.
- Make a well in center of the dry mixture and pour the oil-buttermilk-egg mixture in it.
- Gently fold in the dry mixture till everything is moistened. Do not over mix. Stop when you do not see any dry flour.
- Scoop the mixture using an ice cream mould or a spoon into the muffin cases.
- Bake for 20min and until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve warm with butter or jam.
We had ours warm brushed with some jam. They were so good that we finished 2-3 of them right out of the oven. And my breakfasts - they are no longer boring. A warm muffin with warm glass of milk or hot coffee. Perfect start to a cold day.